The Market

image1

The Opioid Analgesic Market is Over $10 Billion in the US

  • Hydrocodone is the most prescribed opioid analgesic, as well as the most prescribed drug in the US - peaking at 137 million prescriptions in 2013
  • Immediate release products for acute pain indications account for 90%  of opioid prescriptions written, while extended release products for chronic pain account for the remaining 10%
  • Quivive's first product (QEV-817) is an immediate release combination of Hydrocodone and Doxapram for acute pain indications
  • FDA may withdraw all prescription opioids that do not feature abuse deterrence - opening the market for new and safer alternatives

The Competition

An Unmatched Combination of Improved Safety and Abuse Deterrence

  • New analgesics have unknown side effect profiles and are not therapeutically equivalent to existing products - leading to slow uptake by physicians
  • Abuse-deterrent reformulations of existing opioids do NOT limit oral over-consumption – the most common form of abuse of Rx opioids
  • Quivive's product (QEV-817) will offer a unique safety benefit by limiting respiratory depression in case of accidental or intentional overdose
  • QEV-817 will be therapeutically equivalent to existing hydrocodone products - supporting Tier 1 formulary status and rapid uptake by physicians

image2

The Intellectual Property

image3

Quivive's Strong IP Position will Support a Platform of Future Products

  • Quivive has broad US-PTO and WO-PCT applications  covering the combination of any opioid with any respiratory stimulant
  • Our first patent (US-PTO No. 10,004,479) was granted in 2018 for the oral combination of Hydrocodone and Doxapram
  • Future patents will cover a broad range of combinations, supporting a future pipeline of safer and abuse deterrent opioid analgesic products


Contact Us

To Learn More About Quivive Pharma

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Quivive Pharma, Inc.